Friday 11 January 2013

Back to normal...

Houses in All Saints Street
 
It's already the middle of January, but at last things seem to be getting back to normal.  Life has improved beyond recognition on the building front, with some sensible workmen now busy on both houses.  A plumber has been booked in for the 28th to do the bathroom in the Shoebox, so with a bit of luck we shall be able to move back in the middle of February and get furniture out of storage.  The Shoebox is beginning to look quite spruce.  As a result of putting lime plaster on the walls, we are having to use limewash paint from Farrow and Ball, which is a poor substitute for the beautiful thick lime-based paint we used in France.  So many Brits in France used to bring paint over from the UK that it gives me some satisfaction to say that the UK product in this instance is totally inferior. 
 
My weekly Yoga class resumed this Wednesday night - another pleasure that I missed over the Christmas season.  The combination of Yoga and daily exercises prescribed by my osteopath has transformed my back from a creaking mess to something almost flexible.  The most dramatic transformation is the ability to touch my toes for the first time in very many years.  It sounds a small thing, but it has shown me that with patience flexibility can be restored to the back, which in turn helps general wellbeing. 
 
All of this has induced a greater feeling of optimism than I have felt in months - so I'm keeping fingers crossed for a good 2013 in Tackleway!
 
Antony Mair
 
 

2 comments:

  1. My goodness sunshine, what is that, was this photo taken recently? A very optimistic post Antony, so pleased to hear things are turning round and you will soon be "home".

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Annie, I cheated - the photo dates back to the summer months, as you can see from the windowboxes. Yesterday was sunny, though, which made a wonderful change from the drear rain - which is back today with a vengeance. Thank goodness we didn't choose to live in the Severn valley.
    Love
    A

    ReplyDelete